Blue Whale Web Solutions Inc., a leading interactive firm specializing in iPhone and iPad application development, and Conshohocken Physical Therapy announced today several tips that everyday people can use to lead healthier lives. Both companies are the creators of the innovative Motion Doctor iPad application, a tool that showcases dozens of sports and occupation-specific exercises in crisp HD video.
Dr. Desirea D. Caucci, PT, DPT, staff physical therapist and co-owner of Conshohocken Physical Therapy offers tips for individuals to enjoy less pain and better health:
1. Stay active! Bodies are meant to be moved, stretched and challenged. From dancing in the living room to working in the yard, it’s important to keep moving.
2. Variety is the spice of a fit life. Include different types of sports and exercises that involve cardiovascular and strength training and stretching.
3. Warm-up before each workout by walking briskly or running for 10-15 minutes.
4. Balance is important to prevent injuries and strains. Pick some good balance activities and practice them every day.
5. Good posture is vital for spine alignment and overall wellbeing. Actively check your posture when sitting, standing, and engaging in exercises.
6. Eight hours of sleep a night will heal your aches and help you face the day.
The Motion Doctor app was recently featured on TUAW.com, a leading app review and recommendation site. Motion Doctor was also featured in iTunes as “New and Noteworthy” and in the “What’s Hot” section, providing the app with a significant boost in national visibility. During each of these periods of increased exposure, downloads of the app increased by an average of 1,000 percent per day.
“My six simple tips for living better are an important part of a daily health regimen,” said Dr. Caucci. “Through both my practice and the Motion Doctor app, I encourage exercise and good posture as keys to enjoying daily activities and handling workplace stress.”
“We are very pleased to gain the recognition from Apple for developing a high quality iPad app,” said Gregg Weiss, CEO and Founder of Blue Whale Web Solutions, Inc. “Motion Doctor is gaining serious traction because it provides professionally shot videos of sports-specific exercises in a clean and intuitive design.”
The Motion Doctor app is available now on Apple’s App Store for a $14.99 fee at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motion-doctor/id403219869?mt=8, or for more information visit http://www.MotionDoctorApp.com.